Monday, April 21, 2008

An ILoveYou Creation!

Here is an explanation to what my little symbol means up there in my header picture! The "An ILoveYou" creation came from years of learning sign language as my foreign language of choice in college. While in college I met my DH! When you configure your fingers like this, you say "I Love You" in sign language. Obviously, it caught on while we were dating - even today with my kids. That is our little symbol to each other instead of a simple wave goodbye!

What's really ironic is that back in 1989 I purchased this stamp below. It is an Inkadinkado Stamp - it has the big red handle sticking straight up from the wooden block - very old (not me, the stamp!). Way before my sign language interest, before our dating or even now how we say goodbye between all of us. My first rubber stamp - and yes, I never throw anything away!!!

Here is Adirondack Chair card, inspired by Inkadinkado's Project section. It reminds me of the beach and the wind and sand and warm breezes. I can almost hear the waves crashing on the beach....ahhh.

Cardstock: Stampin' Up - Barely Banana, Bordering Blue, Certainly Celery, Vellum CS
Stamp: The Angel Company - Everyday Event's Set
Palette Hybrid Ink Pad - Burnt Umber
Decorating Chalks by Craf T Products
craft knife
bronze brad - source n/a
hemp string - source n/a

Until next time!
With inky fingers,
Michelle

Positive Thought: "Change your thoughts and you change your world."
~Norman Vincent Peale, Power of Positive Thinking