Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Swing on my front porch!

Now that it's officially Fall, my favorite time of the year, I thought I'd post a card I made with a dream in mind: to really have my swing hung on my front porch! Ahhh, a girl can dream, right? My DH is hoping to get it hung up for me soon! I love to let the day drift away while I swing in a cool breeze!!! {{{Sigh}}}
****Back to Reality****
Until then, here is my card that shows my Screen Door card featuring a cute stamp from Clear Dollar Stamps! They have the most adorable stamp, but I tweeked it a bit!!! See...
After getting out my supplies, I got down to work!
My wire is some leftover stuff I have no idea where it came, my garage???, from but I wanted it to look like the chains that porch swings hang from. I have a paper piercer that I used to twist my wire around with a pair of pliers, and then carefully glued that down to my card front.
The tedious job of cutting out the swing out with my X-Acto knife was, ummmm {{{{fun}}}}! I managed to color, glue it down and add my embellishments! Whew, that was fun! I also cut out the small potted plant on the same stamp for a cute embellie next to corner of my card. I was going to enlarge it, but it became extra out-of-focus! So you have a small pic - sorry!
Thanks for looking!!!
{{{{Front Porch Swing on My Screen Door Card Recipe}}}}
Cardstock: DCWV & HOTP
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps & Impress Rubber Stamps
Ink: Palette
Markers: Copic
Misc. Brad from Memory Makers, wire (source unknown), Martha Stewart clear craft glue, Rhinestone accents by Best Ocassions Walmart.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28