Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"A-Door-able!" Country Woman Magazine Feature Article

Well, as promised I got my scanner working. Don't ask me how! I am thrilled to share with you my featured craft project article. I am so excited to be featured, along with my story. You've heard that I was in a creative slump. My husband was fixing some screening on some windows and had scraps in front of me. (Us stampers, scrappers, etc. throw nothing away!) Well, once the idea popped into my head of a sweet country screen door, I got my drawing pencils out and came up with my screen door sketch. The possibilities are endless and if you can imagine it on your front porch, you can imagine it on your screen door card. Back in 2007 I submitted my screen door card into the Country Woman Magazine's Craft Bazaar Contest. Well, as I may have mentioned before, uh hem, I won 2nd place! Much to my surprise I was contacted again just this past month, with a letter and a complimentary issue of the magazine showing where my article was - and I screamed! My kids all came running and we had a quick celebration together!


So, here is what I was shown! Thanks for looking!






With Inky Fingers,
Michelle :)