Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School and Oldie but Goodie Stamp!!!

Today was the first day of school for my kids! They were so excited, but secretly I was excited a bit more! My sweet Kindergartener (1/2 day, blah!) gave me the sweet gift of 2 1/2 hours to myself. This is what I found to do - write another blog post! Here is the sweetest card made with an oldie but goodie from The Angel Company stamp, Kevin! Although retired, you just cannot help but think how sweet a flower from this sweet boy would really be - maybe that's what us stampers like - uh, the world we create on paper! Sometimes it is just a little nicer a place than if you look at all the yucky stuff in the world today! Check out my Etsy store if you'd like to purchase this card or other Screen Door Designs!

Oh well, Pollyanna here is going to be glad to share with you my Screen Door card with Kevin! Enjoy!






In some posts to come, I will be featuring the how-to's on making these cards! Look forward to more to come....

Supplies used: CS: Die Cuts with a View & Georgia Pacific; Stamps: Kevin by The Angel Company; Prismacolor Pencils with Colorless Blender pencil (works like Gamsol); my original Screen Door template & vinyl screening; brad: misc. source unknown.

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home. ~Twyla Tharp, www.quotegarden.com