Saturday, January 9, 2010

Babies, babies, everywhere....2 Projects!

Good Morning Everybody - Babies, babies, everywhere....

I have 2 great projects to share with you - and it's all about the BELLY!!! Yup, I am going to be a new Auntie! My sister is pregnant with baby #3 - and her third GIRL!!! Since this baby was a surprise, it was pretty unanimous that we (a few of her relatives + me) throw her a baby shower!

Project #1
Here is my inspiration for the invite - I am a subscriber to many blogs and this one is just lovely! Click here for Melstampz.blogspot.com - what a great idea but the inspiration was just what I needed for my invites. Of course, I had to tweak my version!

So, here is my version! Do you like it? I hope my sister loves it! They were really fun and easy to make! I must give credit to Templates by Chia - houseofstirfry.com/chia for the FREE template. I did have to play around with getting the cutting just right since I placed the template on the fold of the "shoulders." The tiny heart is a punch I purchased at the dollar bins @ Target. Then, I squeezed a layer of pink Stickles over the heart for a touch of sweet and sparkle!
I have a couple of tips to share: #1 - I went to Walmart and purchased the sew-on snaps for $1.67 - CHEAPPP!!! I did have to play with the bottom of the template to create the snap-flap. But it fit perfectly on a 8.5X11" Solar White white cardstock. I really loved the way it turned out!
Here is a side shot - just so you can see how it opens.

The stitches took some playing with since I did not want to run 30 of these baby onesies through my sewing machine.
Ahhh, Copic markers to the rescue! The E40 Brick White marker worked it's magic and gave me the right amount of shadow and white color for me to make my hand stitches! I really think this gave the onesie it's POP!
Project #2
Since we are on the Baby Theme, funny that a friend of my sister's (same one mentioned above) friend just had a Baby Boy!
For this card I used stamps from The Angel Company (Everyday Events - Elephant & For Baby stamps). The cardstock is Bordering Blue by Stampin' Up, patterned paper from My Mind's Eye, Copic & Spica markers, Crystal Lacquer, light blue organza ribbon from Jo-Ann Stores, a roll of small shipper's twine (source unknown), blue rhinestone sticker from Me & My Big Idea.Here is a close-up of the elephant! I love the way the Crystal Lacquer gives it dimension even when I used foam tape dots for a real 3-D look. If you can see, I used my Burnt Umber ink from Palette Hybrid Ink to edge my papers for a small finishing! You can really see the Silver Spica Marker I used for the "metal" looking wheels!



"A baby is an angel whose wings decrease as his legs increase” ~Author Unknown www.thinkexist.com

Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!