Friday, January 8, 2010

Leftover Christmas Cards...

Leftovers anyone? Some of my Christmas Cards never made it into the blog - so I wanted to give them credit as darn cute!!! 2 Stamp Companies that I love - Unity and Amuse Art Stamps (among a few others sprinkled here and there)!

Card #1 - Unity Poinsettia Card
The cardstock is from SU, but the patterned paper is one of those scrap peices that is from "source unknown" - like from the land of misfit toys! Oh well, I'd love to give the patterned paisley paper credit, but it's simply not known. I absolutely {{{love}}} the ivory & burgundy mix!

Burgundy ink was from Palette Hybrid Inks, Bordeaux. Gold embossing powder looks elegant on the burgundy CS!
Gold wire ribbon was a little tricky! Wire sort of throws me AND my glue dots could be felt through the ribbon. I rubbed the sticky ribbon with a white eraser to dull the sticky. Rhinestone stickers (Walmart) came in handy for the Poinsettia flower center! Love the twinkle!


Card #2 - Country Snowflake Card
I cannot take credit for the idea for this card. Here is the blog, Alli Miles Card Metaphors, I saw this original card from and I was so inspired by it, that I tried my hand at it! White chalk ink by VersaMagic was used for the background snowflakes (The Angel Company Stamps).
Red, white and kraft cardstock all from Stampin' Up. The embossing folder is Provo Craft for Cuttlebug. The button is from DCVW that was sown with white floss by DMC.
Here is the close-up of the snowflake - the recycling-feel-good-warm-fuzzy you feel when you use the leftovers from using your scraps!!!


I am a ribbon NUT! This is a fun "bow" that is really folding into a loop, glue dots to close the loop, another glue dot to smash the loop into a flattened oval, then another small scrap of ribbon to go around the center of the flat oval. Adhere that bow to your ribbon running the width of the card. Ribbon: Bazzill.

Ink: Burnt Umber by Palette Hybrid Ink.
Christmas isn't just a day, it's a frame of mind. --Valentine Davies (Miracle on 34th Street)