Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Paper Cones

Hi bloggers,

I know it's been a while since my last post. But I am catching up as we speak! I've been so busy, hasn't everyone been? But my creativity has been EXPLODING lately! I am totally excited about these Paper Cones I made for Christmas Day dinner.

My sister--in-law and brother-in-law are hosting dinner this year and she asked me to make some type of place card...well, I could not just do one of those little rectangles with names on them. I went a little over and above on these, but I couldn't help myself! These paper cones template was found here. Originally these cones are to have interlocking hearts for closure on the cone, but I cut mine off. This gave me the ability to close the put the names of my family on each cone. Of course, I filled them with peppermints for a quick after dinner aid to digestion. In Italian-American culture we call this "agita" and who doesn't need a little digestion aids when homemade ravioli's or manicotti is served! Yum, cannot wait for dinner!

Hope my sis-in-law likes these, and I was so honored to be asked! Thanks for looking!

It's hard to see, sorry, but there are some beads (one red, one silver) that I used to place as a bead-tassle on the tip of the cone. My sweet Grandma Mary had a great collection of costume jewelry that I grabbed a few years ago. Do you grab things and say to yourself that they might work for "something?" I scotch-taped them inside the cone just before I assembled the cone with Totally Tacky Tape by Provo Craft!




They are all packed up to be included in the truck with all the presents for Christmas Day with the family! I love practical gifts that work double duty - one its a name card for each person's plate and two, it's an ornament for remembrance for this year! Love that!!!
Recipe: Cone template here/cardstock Stampin' Up/Marvy Clever Lever Snowflake punch, scalloped square punch/Martha Stewart snowflake border punch/small branch punch/buttons from DCWV/rhinestone stickers misc. source/Gold and Silver glitter paper Hobby Lobby 12X12 sheet for snowflake punch/red cording ribbon & silver ribbon from Hobby Lobby/Gold & Silver pigment ink pens from Hobby Lobby/beads for bottom of cone recycled beads.


I want to lead the Victorian life, surrounded by exquisite clutter. Freddie Mercury http://www.brainyquote.com/