Thursday, December 10, 2009

Small Successes - A Challenge!!!

Hi everyone!

In this very busy time, it's easy to lose focus on what's really important! I've been working on focusing on some very important things - seeing life as half-full instead of half-empty. Not an easy task for me!!!

I subscribe to a blog called Faith & Family - A magazine and blog for Catholic daily living. The articles here are good! I was blown away by the challenge today! It's asking me to list 3 recent small successes here on my blog, because small successes equals larger ones. I wholeheartedly agree, and since this is good practice for me, I thought I'd share them with you. Not quite Positive Patty? Me neither, that's why it's easy to get weighed down in the rush to get everything checked off your list....

FaithButton

Here is my version of focusing on the positive:

1. My Christmas gift giving list only has 2 people left to buy for - and one of them my husband can help with!!! (Online shopping has been a life-saver this year more than EVER!) I have enjoyed this Christmastime Season with more joy, and I'm not sure about the earthly reason, but the spiritual reason why I feel more joy is VERY clear to me!

2. I am teaching 2 songs to a group of 5th Grade students at our Pariochial school for the Christmas Choir concert next week - while the extra practices are exhausting, I can truly say that these kids are amazing!!! I do not know how to read music nor am I even a music teacher - just a volunteer. BEST thing is that I am seeing real progress in them - so excited for their performance next week!!!

3. While my craft show profits were down this year (compared to last year's show, nation-wide commonality?) I figured I am not going to sweat the small stuff like recreating new handmade gifts, I am using my craft show inventory for gifts. I am NOT re-gifting, just sharing my inventory with Friends & Teachers. These people are in our lives for a long time with our 4 kids involved in A LOT - why not make them all feel special with a handmade gift, I said to myself!!! I love this idea and I feel so calm about it! Yea!!!! (Note to self: this is the peace you've been looking for Michelle).

One small note: please pray for those who struggle at this time of year for loss of a loved one through death, divorce or otherwise. Loneliness is the WORST this time of the year!
Send a note to someone you know must be struggling at this time of year! Call them and tell them you've been thinking of them, or even invite them over to make cookies or wrap presents.



More cards and projects posted soon!


So, now you, what 3 recent Small Successes have you seen in your life?



The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible. ~Anonymous www.thinkexist.com