Saturday, October 3, 2009

World CardMaking Day & Unity Stamp Co's Love Ewe

Happy World CardMaking Day, yippee - let the cardmaking begin!!! What great fun!

OK - Ya know when you see a stamp and you instantly know it's a stamp you {{{must}}} have, am I preaching to the choir? This one is it for me! I am totally enamored with Unity Stamp Company. I am not selling anything, really! But I love their look, their stamps, their freshness, their silliness and their honesty and realness! OK, it's true - of course, it's the stamps! I just got my order a couple of days ago and ***love, love, love*** these things! They've been calling to me, "stamp me, make a card, ink me up, and kiss me to paper." Editorial comment: Yes, I'm a bit nuts!!!

I have been wanting to make a card for my sweet Uncle & Godfather who lives in Arkansas, and I don't see him much at all. ***sniff, sniff*** He's got some health issues, and I've been wanting to send him a sweet, heartfelt note. Don'tcha think this is totally perfect? I just answered my own question. (It's like I'm having a conversation with myself, uh, er, almost... :)

I thought the use of the kraft paper cardstock with black & white accents was good for a somewhat masculine card...but really it's the sentiment that got me the most!


OK, so I used my Copics because, well, they are the {{{{BEST}}}}!

I embellished my "wool" with this great stuff Puffy 3D Glue by TSC Designs. I swirled the glue while squeezing my bottle. Then used my heat gun immediately for the puffy & textured look. I like that effect the best! Scroll down for the next picture...
See how the effect took? On the side of the bottle it say for puffy & textured, apply & heat immediately! {{{{Love this}}}} Sorry about a bit of a blur - still getting used to a new & somewhat cheaper camera. Ugh!
Then, I made a slim bow with ribbon. I folded a longer piece, used glue dots to make a horizontal loop. Then using a smaller piece of ribbon, folded and glued the vertical loop and tightened it all down with more glue dots. I think it is a bit more sophisticated.
Thanks for stopping by....and Uncle Jim, if you read this, I love you to pieces! Sending you some love...it's on it's way! Mwahh!
{{{Recipe}}}
Stamps: Unity Stamps Co. Love Ewe
Cardstock: Stampin' Up, Kraft, Black & White
Embossing Folder: Provo Craft Swiss Dot
Ribbon: Bazzill B&W Check
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
Markers: Copic
Misc. TSC Designs Puffy 3D Glue
The best thing you can do to be a great godfather is to be a mentor for your godchild. Guide to Being a Great Godfather by Brett & Kate McKay