Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yes, this is my second post for today, but Paolo Nutini is just fun music! Enjoy my last post....

OK, now a few things, I sent my "stuffed to the gills" USPS flat rate box with my cards made for Operation Write Home - if you have any extra cards, card fronts, etc. consider sending them to this great group! They will make sure your cards get to our troops, so they can send handmade cards back home to family & friends! What a great idea! Love this!!! Here is what their recent blog post had said about my contribution:

Michelle P, Montgomery IL - thank you sooooo much, your cards are just beautiful!

Yipee!! Isn't it really nice to lend a helping hand? I think so! Thanks to everyone and I will be making more cards & sending them soon! It's just something I ***love*** to do and believe that one handmade creation can touch so many hearts!!!

Now on to my card for today!



{{{Recipe}}}

This is one of those stamps that I simply love - and yes, it's an oldie [discontinued :( ] but a goodie! The Angel Company's "Libby Border" bee stamp is sooo cute! I coupled that with Inky Antics sentiment: "I'm glad to bee your friend" on the inside - making sure to see it through the vinyl screening. My Screen Door template (click here to purchase) was used, along with the yellow brad & CS from misc. sources.

My best tip for dark cardstock is this: I LOVE Gelly Roll pens by Sakura. It gave Libby the black'n'yellow shiny-ness & her (yep, she's a girl cuz' I says so) cute little buzzing white lines. Those pens give the card the pop it needed! I highly recommend them! Just MHO!

Quote for today: "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss