Saturday, November 14, 2009

OWH Bloghop & Blog Candy!!!

ETA: Blog Candy Contest is now CLOSED, as of Nov. 16 1:30 pm CST. Thanks to all who played along!

My 2 Cards for OWH Bloghop:

Welcome!!! Can you believe 75 stops (as of this post) on the bloghop tour for OWH?!??! How fun is this? November is such a great month for expressing your gratefulness!

I am thankful for the ability to enjoy my {{{free}}} life. Why? Because we have an amazing group of people who give their time and talent and life to ensure we all enjoy our freedom. Who are these people? Our military! Taking time to thank them is not only an honor, but using our talents to thank them is the least we can do for such people who give SO much more!!! So, I took a serious inventory of my stash - and donated over 200 cards to OWH in September - and proud to do so!!! This time my "Any Hero" cards only number 12, but my prayer is that 12 hearts be touched that someone in the U.S. cares and is truly grateful, eh hem, little ol' me!!!
So without further adeu, let's see the "Any Hero" cards - - and scroll down for my daughter's card, too!
Number 1 - (made 8 of these):
Here is what I usually like to write in my "Any Hero" cards - simple and to the point:
Number 2 (made 4 of these): Now my daughter's card. Sarina turns 6 on the 19th and she already has such a giving spirit! I just {{{had}}} to post this card - in her own handwriting!!! Isn't it sweet?
{{{Sources - Stamps: The Angel Company - set: Retired Quilt Flag T540/Cardstock: Stampin' Up/Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black & Palette Burnt Umber/Ribbon & Brad: unknown sources/Coloring: Copic Markers & Spica Markers/Embossing Folder: Stars by ProvoCraft for Cuttlebug}}}
Now for some Blog Candy:

Leave me a comment and one lucky winner will receive my Screen Door Card kit!!! See the left sidebar a picture of my Screend Door card.
With this kit you will be able to make one the A2 size Screen Door card + the chipboard template. The kit contains: instructions, card stock A2 card, a screen door cutout, a piece of vinyl screening, a brad, - and the template that allows you to continue to make these great cards for all of your friends and family for years to come! Good luck! Winner announced Monday, November 16!
Your next stop,
Kelly is so cool; she's a military Wife & Mom of 2 (working outside her home as well as running a Stampin' Up home biz all from Bavaria, Germany! Wow, another hero - if you look around, God has placed them everywhere!!! Enjoy her great cards!!!

Have fun on the bloghop!!!
No One Diets on Thanksgiving. What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving? ~Erma Bombeck source: www.quotes.about.com