Monday, November 16, 2009

Simple Note Cards

Good Monday evening! I've been in my craft room since before dinnertime - I have great kids that made the dinner I pulled out of the freezer tonight so to give me a few hours to make some cards - yup, they are great!!!

I know everyone is in a Thanksgiving or even Christmas cardmaking mood, but I just needed to fill an order for note cards! Let's face it, when we can make money doing what we love - selling cards, etc. - we are going to do it! Even if the order placer was my Mother-in-law (hee hee)! Well, I am in a mood to make some simple note cards anyway - I {{{love}}} this look!

TIP: When making a white background card, use your coordinating ink and "scrub" some color along edges of the paper - almost like giving the inkpad a papercut "feeling." This will give some border to your card and it looks good. I also edged my bee image with my black ink as well. This really helps your card pop just a bit! The idea is to give a hint, but this simplistic look does not need much!

Too bad my picture blurred a bit, and you cannot see the black and grey Spica "glitter" markers I used on my bumblebee...oh well, I am an artist - not a photographer! "And that's all I have to say about that" thank you Forest Gump! Thanks for looking! :)


“Hope is the only bee that makes honey without flowers.” ~ Robert Green Ingersoll quotes http://thinkexist.com

Supplies used: White CS & Golden paper - source unknown/Marvy Uchida Mega Scalloped Circle Punch/Stamps: Elzybells Mini Messages - critters Set/Ink-Momento Tuxedo Black/Markers: Copic & Spica/Ribbon: Offray B&W check.