Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Craft Room - where the magic begins!

I've always wanted to do a post where I'd showcase where the magic begins! Until only a few short months ago - ok, 8 months ago - my DH and his gallant sidekick, a.k.a., our son Dominick, donned their tool belts fully equipped with hammers and drywall screw guns - and built me this amazing space! With all my stuff (you know us crafters have a slight obsession), it all needed a home!!! So, here is some of the pics -sorry some are a bit blurry. Email me if you have questions!










































































































































































































My Facebook page updates have been starting with some quick things that I am thankful for - trying to post them during the entire month of November! So, here on my blog, I am thankful for my husband & my son and their talents to build this AMAZING craft room for me! I've been enjoying this great room in my basement - and no, it doesn't feel like a basement at all! I painted it a cheery terra cotta color, warm and inviting, along with some great lighting we had our electrician/friend install! So, here is where the **magic** happens! Hee hee! I'm just glad these pictures show a semi-clean space - I know it's also listed as my slide show further down on my blog page, but that's ok! I needed a quick and easy post since it's been a little while! Life has been just so busy!
Funny & artists' quandary:

I am a night painter, so when I come into the studio the next morning the delirium is over. I come into the studio very fearfully, I creep in to see what happened the night before. And the feeling is one of, "My God, did I do that?".Philip Guston Quotes - Artists